Sunday, December 11, 2011

Am I ready for courtship?

•How do I get close enough to someone to make a decision about marriage without stealing privileges of marriage?

•How do I find the love of my life without leaving a trail of broken hearts and broken promised behind me on the way to the altar?

-A man should only pursue a woman romantically when he has the intention of pursuing marriage.

COURTSHIP:: relationship between a man and a woman who are actively and intentionally together to consider marriage.

Purpose of courtship- to find out if God would have the two of you married.
"a pathway that leads into deepening levels of seriousness as it progresses"

*its a commitment- a promise not to play games with another persons heart.

•God doesn't have a "one size fits all" plan for relationships.

-How am I suppose to follow Gods principles for courtship when my circumstances are so different from those of other people?

•it's good to be inspired by couples who have set a godly example, BUT, God isn't asking us to copy each other, but to fix our eyes on our Lord and Jesus Christ and pursue courtship in a way that is faithful to His character.

God is sovereign over our life's situations.

>courtship is a story of "boy meets girl" where-whether you choose to marry, or not, you can get to know each other in the confidence that you have only Gods very best ahead for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment