Wednesday, May 26, 2010

everything happens for a reason.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and time to refrain, 
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8


It took me a while to figure out why some of the things that happen in my life, happen.  Why does God put me through something, I have been through time and time again?  I have really struggled with that question over the past couple years. I still, to some extent do not know why God puts me through things I really don't think I can handle.
There are certain reasons why people come into our life.  But I think that we don't realize what reasons  those are.  We misinterpret what reasons why they come into our life and put them in positions that we think will work and wont.  For an example. I have known Philip for 5 years.  We have kept in contact, at random occasions and then finally a couple months ago we decided to see each other again.  We were friends, just hanging out and having a good time.  He brought me to know God and helped me with my relationship towards God.  He has been my personal savior, besides the Lord of course.  Philip and I had decided to take it a step further and date.  I really thought for a while that he was "the one." I'm not sure if thats because I thought I was so ready to want a relationship and want to be married and happy that I put him into that position whether he was the right one or not. After flying out to California and being with him for a week, after not seeing each other for about a month, it was definitely an eye opener. After long thought and contemplation about being with Philip, we had decided to just be friends.  I really thought for a while i'd be upset about it... but i know that God brought Philip into my life for a different reason other than being my boyfriend.  Philip is an amazing person, probably one of the most amazing people I know.  I thank God everyday for bringing Philip into my life.  God does things in our lives that at first we just don't understand, but we have to trust him that he does the right thing for us. Philip might have not been "the one" for me, but he came into my life for a reason and I'm not going to let him disappear out of it.  If you ever doubt God because of the things he puts you through in life, then you need to build your relationship with him. You have to trust Him on the things he is doing because everything does happen for a reason, sometimes you just have to be patient enough to see it. So trust God in everything He does, because He does have the answer, you just have to put faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment